Ref No: AM17891
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior AI & Machine Learning Software Engineer - North Dublin.
Our client is establishing a new team in this domain to expand and complement the existing broad range of Engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of this team within the Engineering organisation and is expected to guide and mentor other Engineers.
The role involves a wide range of data driven projects that make real-time intelligent decisions to support next generation medical diagnostic equipment. The scope of work will include gathering very large data sets from active equipment in the field, developing suitable database structures, committing this data to AI & ML tools to create models predicting equipment behaviour, and ultimately leading the effort with the wider software team to implement these models into a real time system to improve customer experience.
As a Senior Engineer you will be part of a fast growing highly innovative Engineering team working on complex medical device equipment.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for:
• Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality AI / ML solutions
• Must have in-depth knowledge of various sophisticated tools and methods to achieve the following goals-
o Gathering of large data sets
o Developing database structures
o Data analysis / manipulation
o Building AI / ML models
o Implementation into real-time system
• Demonstrated experience with multiple machine learning techniques / models (Supervised Models, Ensembles, Unsupervised learning techniques, Neural network)
• Transfer learning, GPU acceleration would be an advantage
• Strong experience with a core software engineering language e.g. Python, C, C#, C++
• Database experience (SQL or other)
• Able to decompose complex real-world problems into simple, straightforward AI/ML solutions
• Excellent computer hardware knowledge including microcontrollers would be an advantage
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables (Agile, scrum, GDP, etc.)
Interested applicants should have and be:
• High-paced individual that is eager and passionate in developing and delivering novel AI/ML solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
• Is a key coach and mentor in supporting the team
• Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
• An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
• Excellent communications skills - written and verbal
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
• At least 5 years' relevant engineering experience in a high-performing software team