Ref No: AM17574
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Software Engineer - Dublin.
Our client seeks a Senior Software Engineer to drive and develop their digital/cloud products from a software perspective. The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the architecture and development of these products as well as liaising with the cloud solutions team and machine development teams to deliver the best possible digital products.
Role and Responsibilities:
Ownership and driver of quality solutions:
• You will own the cloud back-end of the solutions from defining the architecture and implementation of the products/technology produced. This will involve interaction with multiple internal & external teams/stakeholders. You must be the central figure in these interactions keeping the ultimate delivery of the solution to the fore.
• Given that multiple teams are involved in delivering these Machine Intelligence solutions, the Senior Software Engineer needs to articulate and co-ordinate succinctly to ensure timely and fit for purpose delivery. Open and collaborative communication style is required to enable shared understanding within the team. The shared understanding is a key factor in the team's success.
Skills and abilities sought:
• Proven record of accomplishment as a Software Engineer with experience developing C#/C++ applications in a cloud environment (preferably Microsoft Azure IoT)
• Proven track record as a software engineer developing high quality C# applications (strong C++ developers with working C# knowledge may also be considered).
• Experience developing IoT/cloud-based applications is a plus.
• Passionate about developing high quality, testable code that you take pride in.
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills required. Understand the concepts of IoT, edge, and cloud architectures.
• Experience with database manipulation and languages like SQL
• Scripting with Python, IoT platforms, Docker containers, WSL.
• Experienced with TDD/BDD processes and CI/CD, microservices, DevOps, Gitlab
• Passionate about learning new technologies, languages, tools & techniques.
• Experience optimising cloud-based applications for cost would be an advantage (not essential)
• Data engineering experience a plus
• ASP.Net core (backend API) would be an advantage
Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience