Ref No: AM16551
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Software Lead Engineer/Architect (machine automation).
Our client is an exciting start-up Irish SME specialising in advanced equipment manufacturing and process development for hi-tech industry.
We have been retained to recruit a Software Lead Engineer/Architect (machine automation).
• You will be developing the software for the company's processing machines, including process and automation software.
• You will be translating a concept via requirements to a design, and setting up test specifications.
• You will be defining and implementing the tools, technology and development process roadmap for software.
• You will be supporting tools and customers at various locations (some travel required).
Essential Skills/Experience for this role:
• You should have a degree in Computing Science, Software Engineering or a related field, and a minimum of circa seven years' experience in developing software, preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• You should have a broad experience with different platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux), technologies (motion/automation related), development processes (e.g. SCRUM/Agile, TDD, MDD), programming languages (C, C++, C#) and tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Enterprise Architect, JIRA, BitBucket, SVN).
• Extended experience in EtherCAT motion control software development
• Application layer and GUI development, interacting with EtherCAT motion controllers (ACS).
• Siemens PLC programming (step 7) and SCADA (WinCC).
• Experience within an equipment manufacturer environment (e.g. for the semi-conductor industry or similar).
• You should have the ability to lead a project team in the future, and interact with the System Architect and customer on technical aspects.
• You should have a long-term vision on developing software and be able to implement technology / process changes.
• You should show affinity with, and interest in, software challenges such as machine control and camera interfacing.
• You should have excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills.
• Technical Bachelor or Master’s degree in Software Engineering;
• More than 5 years' solid background in technical software, preferably in a multidisciplinary context
• Be familiar with topics such as object oriented design, underlying operating system, software frameworks, error handling and multi-threading;
• Show affinity with and interest in software challenges such as machine control and camera interfacing;
• Be proficient in C, C++ and/or C#.
• Familiarity with an Agile / SCRUM environment is a plus.