Ref No: DT17808
County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Automation Technician - County Waterford.
To maintain automation equipment in line with health & safety, operational and quality work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
The shift pattern is "Front End days" - working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every second Sunday 8.00am-8.00pm.
To maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
• Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
• Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP requirements.
• Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
• Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
• Cross-train technicians as required.
• Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs / training.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
• Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
Interested applicants should have:
• Systematic & structured troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
• Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
• Adherence to change management procedures and cGMP requirements.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• High level of safe working practices and awareness.
• Computer literate with MS Office skills.
• The successful candidate will have Level 6, Level 7 or Level 8 HETAC qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
• Qualified trades personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
• Experience in high volume automation / robotics required.
• Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining desirable.
• Understanding of Process Capability.
• Understanding of MSA or GR&R.
• Experience in FAT, SAT, IOPQ of automated assembly lines.