Ref No: AM17407
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Engineering Manager/Principal Engineer - North Dublin.
We are recruiting an Engineering Manager/Principal Engineer who can lead and develop a team of multi-disciplined Engineers. You should have a mechanical engineering background (or other engineering background with the relevant experience) in the design and manufacturing of medical devices. As part of the Engineering team, you will be driving projects on complex medical device platforms.
The role requires an experienced leader who can lead a team in problem solving, enhance designs, support customers and manufacture, and is a team player within the local leadership of the site. The successful candidate will work with Engineers from a multi-disciplined team in driving solutions, delivery projects and enhancing the development of the Engineers.
Interested applicants should be:
• A strong inspirational leader, with the ability to lead a team of Engineers across different disciplines from a technical, project and people leadership perspective.
• A problem solver right to solution level, with a structured approach including, using the team, complete all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve the desired outcome.
• Systems level thinker, working across technologies, e.g. integrating fluidics, electronics, optics and software etc.
• Have excellent experience of materials and understand how parts are manufactured and assembled using Lean / DFM principals.
• Knowledge of verification and validation of design changes.
• Provides technical support to solving manufacturing or customer complaints.
• Have some knowledge of PLM systems
• Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations, coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
• Practical experience of supplier & manufacturing fabrication processes.
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Engineering, or alternative) with at least 10 years' relevant engineering experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing a team of engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
• Very strong systems background
• Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical troubleshooting