Ref No: SF17252
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Health and Safety Leader - South Dublin.
In this role you will hold responsibility for the provision of advice to the company, management and associates, on all matters relating to Health and Safety. You will provide full assistance and professional expertise to ensure the organisation meets its legal requirements when implementing safe work practices. The Health and Safety Leader will play an active role in driving a positive and proactive Health and Safety environment.
• Works with site management to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives, which will contribute to driving an H&S culture change at site.
• Monitors Health & Safety legislation and developments in order to keep the organisation up to date.
• Co-ordinates the preparation, compilation and review of the Safety Statement.
• Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards.
• Conducts regular announced and unannounced Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement. Maintain records and assists the appropriate manager in planning corrective action.
• Liaises with other departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering etc.) on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate H&S standards are maintained.
• Actively participates in Project Teams/Groups established to introduce new technologies, moves to new premises etc., to ensure that H&S is considered in the Project Planning process.
• Liaise with Corporate Safety, the Health and Safety Authority Officers and others as required and build strong working relationships in this regard.
• Actively participates in designing and delivering the company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and Training Advisors.
• Carry out H&S training for new and existing associates and contractors as required.
• Oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions.
• Maintains appropriate records and metric analysis data to ensure that accurate information is available to Management and outside agencies and trends are visible.
• Liaises closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures within the organisation to ensure, so far as possible, the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations.
• Liaise with fire consultants (providers of training for Emergency Response Teams and general fire safety training).
• Manage emergency planning, including responsibility for the emergency response team (ERT).
• Liaise with the company Doctor/OH Nurse on work related injuries and illnesses.
• Liaise with elected Safety Representatives on a regular basis to consider H&S issues and communicate openly on existing or forthcoming H&S issues.