Ref No: DT17810
County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Injection Moulding Technicians - County Waterford.
Options available to work either:
1. Front End Nights Shift - working every Sunday , Monday & Tuesday night from 8 pm to 8 am and every second Saturday night
2. Front End Days Shift - working every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 8 am to 8 pm and every second Sunday
Provides technical support and leadership on production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing moulding processes.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversight for injection moulding process start up, process monitoring during running, and shutdown in a safe manner to achieve production targets for quality product (customer volume, yield, scrap and material cost).
• Take ownership for process escalations for injection moulding to ensure action is taken to troubleshoot & resolve issues in a timely manner using systematic approach to ‘root cause’ problem solving.
• Ensure tool set-up & changeover activities are optimised to meet production targets.
• Support Process Engineer in the development of new processes set up, proof of concept & validation runs for existing and new production & prototype tools.
• Ensure completion and accuracy of required documentation in the manufacturing area from all operation team supporting injection moulding.
• Support continuous improvement projects using ‘Decoupled’ process & lean tools to optimise injection moulding performance and improve reliability.
• Ownership for updating the visual area board, shift handover meeting and operational workbook- assuming responsibilities of Team Leader / Shift Manager when necessary.
• Work with quality personnel to rectify any issues promptly.
• Comply with the EHS & cGMP policies and procedures, leading safety audits, 5S & cGMP activities online.
• Where appropriate support the development of documentation, training and work instruction activities within injection moulding. Support cross-training of personnel across injection moulding programmes site wide. Ensure skills & knowledge gained through training are applied consistently.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
• Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
Interested applicants should have as a minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent, ideally 3rd level NCEA Level 6 (Mechanical/ Plastics engineering/Or similar).
• At least 5 years' experience of injection moulding.
• Experience of mould set up and working with a wide variety of plastics and mould types.