Ref No: AM17378
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Manufacturing/Mechatronic Engineer - North Dublin.
This position requires a proven ability to design and validate technical solutions to enhance product and process capability in a manufacturing environment. This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for systems level thinking and technology integration. Experience with a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, pneumatics, moulding, electro-mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining & metal fabrication is required.
The role will require you to act as a technical lead and key decision maker in supporting both internal activities and key suppliers. Providing product and process design solutions to enhance internal process capability and the performance of installed product at customer sites.
You should have the ability to structure, plan, prioritize and deliver your own work and that of the team you lead. Experience in technically directing cross-functional teams for product and process design including all necessary validation activities and a proven ability in structured problem solving, design for robustness & cost reduction is required.
You will report to a Principal Engineer and will be a member of the site-level Engineering Team.
The role in detail:
1) Provide technical support to manufacturing and test in a high complexity and highly regulated technology environment. Design and validate technical solutions to enhance product and process capability.
Areas include:- design for performance, design for manufacture, design for reliability, performance tuning, test fixture development, cost reduction and product budgeting, component obsolescence, development of manufacturing assembly and test process, technology transfers, lean process development, field service support and customer satisfaction.
2) A deep technical competency in the area of mechanical / electro-mechanical / automation design is required with a proven ability to design parts, assemblies, jigs, fixtures & test equipment. Familiarity in optics, biochemistry and/or statistics an advantage.
3) Capability to analyze problems to root cause with a structured approach and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design validation activity.
4) You will be considered a local process owner, and be able to develop and manage systems of product metrics. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metrics in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles. Incumbent may be a member of several project teams working with Manufacturing Engineering, CPE, Q.A. R&D, Service and Continuous Improvement.
5) Significantly contribute to product and process design initiatives through all design stage phases (problem definition, containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, verification, validation, implementation, monitoring on the production floor).
6) Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
7) Support new product introduction and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
Interested applicants should have:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Manufacturing, Medical Device Engineering or similar) with at least 5 years' relevant engineering experience.
Strong Manufacturing, Mechanical/ Electro-mechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures.
Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical troubleshooting
Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) are required.
Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
Some experience in modern world class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.