Ref No: AM17331
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Manufacturing Product Engineer - North Dublin.
• Develop world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume high technology environment. Process modelling, line layout, line balancing, labour time determination, cycle time optimisation, make buy analysis, work cell, manufacturing and test fixture design.
• Provide day to day technical troubleshooting support to manufacturing and test, acting as technical reference and decision maker (seek strong diagnostic and mechanical skills).
• Develop and manage systems of metrics, analysis and projects to drive continuous improvement of key metrics in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles.
• Support technology transfer initiatives, design & implement supporting infrastructure and fixtures
• Operating in a global supply chain environment, contribute to the resolution and prevention of supplier related outages.
• Significantly contribute to product and process design initiatives through all design stage phases (problem definition, containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, validation, implementation, standardisation and monitoring on the production floor).
• Contribute to the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
• Provide engineering support and technical knowledge to Manufacturing.
• Coordinate with R&D and Procurement to ensure the best design for manufacturing is achieved.
• Ensure that the designs stay within the cost target
• Set up and lead meetings with vendors and R&D
• Participate in cross-functional design reviews.
• Create process instructions for in-house production.
• Participate in cell and line design
Interested applicants should have:
• At least 3 years' relevant experience.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (QQI level 8) in a relevant technical discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Applied Physics, Physics, Electromechanical, Electronics, Optics, etc.).
• Formal training in WCM disciplines (JIT, lean, six sigma, DOE) would be an advantage.
• Experience in being a part of teams and projects, with strong communications written and verbal. Ability to work in technically complex multi-discipline areas.