Ref No: AM17406
Waterford, Co. Waterford, Ireland
Program Manager - County Waterford.
In this role you will facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for a defined customer (internal or external) or user. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management, and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for ensuring all of the project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
• Build team(s) to address the project goals and objectives for multiple and/or enterprise level projects.
• Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
• Align the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
• Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects.
• Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
• Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
• Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
• Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
• Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
• Responsible for recognising project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
• Obtain and summarise current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline
• Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule
• Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks
• Management of Resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise level project.
• Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s), travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
• Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs
• Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
• Balance the cost, schedule and time frames against the enterprise level project requirements
• Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
• Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement
• Recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solution
• Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required).
• Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other corporate facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the company
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
• Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
• Coach others through difficult decision-making situations
• Design and facilitate training related to implementation of enterprise initiatives
• Engage and collaborate with customers within to obtain greater understanding of and evaluate
• Drive relevant, concise and effective communication through a variety of mediums
• Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery
• Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
Interested applicants should have:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum five (5) years work-related experience required in project management or related discipline
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.