Ref No: AM17878
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
R&D Senior Mechanical Engineer - North Dublin.
Our client is expanding the engineering team to complement the existing broad range of engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of an expanding R&D team and is expected to lead, guide and mentor colleagues in developing and supporting next generation medical diagnostic equipment. The successful applicant will be engaged in the electro-mechanical design and development of complex instruments which have a myriad of moving parts. Experience utilising sophisticated dynamic simulation packages / techniques (model fluid motion, stresses, thermals, automation etc.) would be an advantage.
You must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other engineering functions (e.g. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Software, Electrical, Electronic Firmware, System Integration) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multi-disciplinary R&D network.
The critical skills we are looking for are:
• Proven experience in the design and development of automated electro-mechanical systems
• Integration of electro-mechanical sub-assemblies into complex systems which may include fluidics, optics, sensing, electronics and software elements
• Experienced CAD designer who has good product lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
• LEAN/Six Sigma practices and principles to develop reliable robust designs (DOE, DFSS, Reliability testing)
• It would be advantageous to have the following experience:
o Knowledge of simulation packages (CFD, FEA etc.) to enable accurate modelling and characterisation in accelerating design maturity to deliver reliable robust solutions
o Strong knowledge of GD&T and applicable standards
o Developing & translating system requirements into robust design solutions with accompanying detailed design functional specifications
o Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes (e.g. moulding, machining, casting, coating)
o Knowledge of material properties to support design choices
o Providing technical support across the full engineering value chain avoiding outages within the integrated high-performing manufacturing network
o Control systems engineering knowledge (Tuning motors, PID control, etc.)
o Experience of the Machinery Directive, CE Marking and other relevant safety standards
The candidate we are seeking should be:
• A high-paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
• A key coach & mentor in supporting the team
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation) or equivalent)
• At least 5 years’ relevant engineering experience in a high-performing R&D team