Ref No: AM17297
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Shift Process Engineer - South Dublin.
We are recruiting Shift Process Engineer to join the team providing engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.
As Shift Process Engineer, you will be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of production equipment. You will be a key member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment. You will manage a team of 16 Shift Technicians across 2 shifts on a 12-hour 4 Day cycle.
You will work 4 days on and 4 off, 7am to 7pm (no nightwork).
• You will be an active member of the shift team to resolve EHS, Quality and Operational issues within the shift
• Manage a comprehensive Preventive and Corrective Maintenance programme in assembly, and corrective maintenance in all other operational areas of the site and ensure that documents are audit ready to meet compliance and regulatory requirements
• Working with the Process Engineers, identify areas of problems/opportunities in existing equipment and detail possible improvements, following up with production, toolroom and outside resources as appropriate.
• Manage small improvement projects as required.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives as appropriate – Kaizen, Lean, LDMS, Blitzes.
• May be required to act as back-up user to the site computerised calibration tracking system.
• Work with direct reports to carry out risk assessments, behavioural based audits, close out near miss action items on a regular basis.
• Work with immediate manager to review machine spares and ensure that necessary spares and stock levels are set up in stores
• Identify development and training needs of direct reports and coordinate with immediate manager to prepare a comprehensive plan.
Interested applicants should be Degree qualified (ideally Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering) with experience in a similar role and direct people management experience.
You will be able to work and communicate in a cross-functional environment and will be familiar working in a regulated environment.
As this role is working in a high-volume and very automated environment, a knowledge of PLCs, Vision Systems, High Speed Assembly and Packaging operation would be an advantage.