Ref No: AM17337
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Systems Engineer - North Dublin.
This is a permanent role within the Engineering team in the manufacture of medical equipment. The successful applicant will work within the Engineering team in providing comprehensive support to product/process development, project delivery, and production support.
The position will involve delivering key projects as an individual and as part of a team, deep technical solution development, leading problem-solving involving electromechanical systems. This will include the design and verification of technical solutions to solve problems, enhance products and process capability in the areas of electromechanical, automation, materials, software & fluidics.
A background in modern Medical Device instrumentation such as Haematology, Biochemistry, Immunoassay, chemistry, fluidics, pneumatics, electro-mechanics, software, databases, electronics, optics, statistics, etc. is an advantage.
The incumbent will report to an Engineering Manager and will form part of a flexible engineering team covering Manufacturing Engineering, Product Lifecycle Engineering and New Product Development. The incumbent must have the ability to work cross-functionally in a complex environment and be able to lead cross-functional teams.
1) To provide complete electrical / electronic / mechanical design solutions to improve product performance and reliability, including all verification and validation activities taking DFM & DFSS considerations.
2) Provide technical & process support to the manufacturing and test of medical device product platforms in a highly regulated technology environment.
3) Driving projects & tasks to meet business needs at pace using Agile Scrum, always approached with a clear customer focus. Participate in new product developments by providing design for manufacture guidance in alignment with Lean and 6 sigma manufacturing techniques
4) A deep technical competency in the area of electrical / electronic / mechanical / automation design is required with a proven ability to design or redesign solutions.
5) Troubleshooting capability required to analyze problems to root cause with a structured approach, and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design verification and validation activities. Statistics / Data analytic background would be an advantage.
6) You will require an ability to work across a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, moulding, electro-mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining, metal fabrication etc.
7) You will be considered a local process owner, be able to develop and manage systems of metrics for manufacturing and projects. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metrics in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles. You may be a member of several project teams.
8) Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
9) Support new product introduction and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
Interested applicants should have:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electronic, Systems, Biomedical, Mechatronic engineering, or similar) with a minimum of 5 year' engineering experience in a related role.
This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for systems level thinking.
High-paced strong engineering background with a proven record in problem solving and the design / redesign of equipment.
Understanding of regulatory requirements required (IEC, IVD, Machinery Directive etc.)
Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical troubleshooting
Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) are required.
Some experience in a modern world-class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.