Continuous Improvement Scientist - South Dublin
Ref No: SF17289
Wicklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Continuous Improvement & R&D Scientist-South Dublin
Please note that this role is initially being offered as a 18 month Fixed Term Contract and may be extended
A healthcare client company in South Dublin is currently recruiting a Continuous Improvement & R&D Scientist.
The ideal candidate will be required to work within the Continuous improvement and R&D team to develop new and/or update existing diagnostic reagents, develop new and or update existing analyser system test methods. integrating new and/or updated products into routine operations including manufacturing, packing and QC test methods. the candidate will also be involved in system development and product development projects.
This position will be largely project based and will entail a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
All duties are to be performed in an FDA regulated Environment where knowledge and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures within the Quality Systems are required.
- Conduct scientific studies. Analyze data and processes; develop, characterise and make formal recommendations.
- Plan and execute experiments using design of experiment techniques
- Coordinate and assist the formal creation of system test methods in conjunction with the Quality and Regulatory Groups
- Reengineer existing processes or test methods to adapt to changes in market, business, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Transition products and processes from development phase to routine production
- Work within cross functional teams to identify key project/process or performance attributes and opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Coordinate and lead technical root cause investigations.
- Cooperate with other functional areas and groups within the company to achieve robust product supply
- Participate in Product transfer activities
- As required lead reagent & system complaint investigations within the company and subsequent report handling.
- Adherence to the quality system and training given at all times
- Completion and review of Documentation to cGMP/GDP requirements/standards.
- Work constructively with team members from R&D, Continuous Product Improvement, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance,
- Technical Support, Clinical Affairs, Customer Service, and Finance.
- Work constructively with team members from Stago on multi-site projects
- Communicate progress on a frequent basis. Communication will require the successful candidate to present project updates to the relevant stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
- An advanced life science degree.
- Laboratory experience in biological sciences required
- Demonstrated competence in biochemical techniques and statistical concepts.
- Experience in the field of Coagulation/ IVD industrial of ≥2 years would be advantageous.
- Experience in reading, analysing, and interpreting technical data, and technical procedures.
Your ICDS Consultant