Dietitian in Renal Therapy (Part Time) Co. Laois
Ref No: DT18070
County Laois, Republic of Ireland
Dietitian in Renal Therapy (Part Time) Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland
*This role can also be taken as a full time role if splitting your time between Portlaoise & Wexford hospitals. You can be based at either office more often than the other - option is with the correct candidate.
In order to work at a professional level in the area of renal medicine, it is necessary for the dietitian to be both clinically competent within this specialist area as well as achieving general senior competencies. These roles are to clinically and professionally manage the nutritional care and dietetic requirements of our patients diagnosed with renal failure in collaboration with our Clinical Nurse Managers in our clinics in Wexford and Portlaoise. Managing the nutritional care of patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requires complex dietary manipulation to achieve outcomes that support maximising the patients’ medical and nutritional status and avoiding nutrition related complications/disease progression.
- B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics recognised by the Department of Health
- Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition from Dublin Institute of Technology/BDA Renal Course or equivalent
- Qualification equivalent to (a) and (b) as above
- Candidates with qualifications from outside of the Republic of Ireland, must provide evidence that qualifications have been validated by the Dept of Health.
- Eligible for registration with CORU as a Dietitian
- Proficiency in the English language is mandatory
- 3 years post-graduate relevant work experience in renal care is essential
- Professional Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of renal dietetics and renal replacement therapies. Provides haemodialysis patients with nutritional care based on evidence best practice appropriate to their requirements.
- An excellent working knowledge of renal related guidelines.
- Provide evidence of ongoing continuous professional development.
- Deliver a quality service and is patient and customer – centered at all times
- Ability to plan and organise service delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates continuous learning and development
- Ability to use problem-solving process to best meet the needs of patients and the service
- Ability to develop evidence-based policies and protocols for optimal nutritional and dietetic management of patients