In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor- Mayo
Ref No: SF17311
Mayo, Co. Mayo, Ireland
In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor
A Biopharmaceutical Client with New and existing laboratory facilities in Mayo are seeking an In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor to oversee our Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) Laboratory Co. Mayo, Ireland to complete the establishment of a new suite of laboratories within strict timelines and to manage the laboratory once established.
The Client is expanding its Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) line of business and are now expanding our Virology and Mycoplasma laboratories to cater for our client’s growing needs for testing. These assays will include cell culture, viral and mycoplasma methods.
The role is responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day-to-day running of the laboratory. The position will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay, DNA staining, etc.
This role will be responsible for a Cell Culture/Virology Laboratory along with a team of 2-3 Analysts.
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Cell Culture/Virology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard
- Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical
Functional Managerial responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
Raw data review.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived SOP'S
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Cell Culture/Virology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks to analyst, ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, Western Blot) essential.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Apply below or contact Sean Fitzsimons at ICDS Recruitment for more details & to discuss the position in confidence
Your ICDS Consultant