Quality Assurance Manager
Ref No: SF16822
Meath, Co. Meath, Ireland
Quality Assurance Manager- Meath
Our client is looking to recruit a Manager for their Quality Assurance department. The role is responsible for overseeing and leading the work of the Quality Team in the QA department. You will be required to carry out internal audits on a scheduled basis & maintain Quality Control / HACCP procedures daily. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of BRC, Global Gap, IOFGA & Bord Bia standards and will be required to lead out scheduled & unscheduled technical audits.
Key Managerial Duties:
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, time off/ holidays, rosters and cover for absenteeism.
- Coach employees for performance and attendance.
- Ensure all Quality related matters are communicated to management.
- Liaise with customers on returns, customer complaints and any queries they may have.
- Ensure specifications are in place for all raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure all the quality records for the production floor are covered in document control and are updated when required.
- Track and trend volumes returns data and identify areas of weakness/strengths and present to Senior Management.
- Hold monthly Quality Team meetings.
- Ensure GMP/Glass and Hard Plastic Audits are carried out monthly.
- Ensure Shelf Life monitoring is completed on a scheduled basis and any trends communicated to the procurement department.
- Ensure Supplier Approval is kept up to date and all suppliers hold 3rd party accreditation.
- Highlight to the procurement department if any supplier is out of their accreditation date
Key Quality Assurance Duties:
- Carry out quality inspections on produce at intake.
- Complete of daily record keeping that maintains Quality management Systems, E.g. Scales/temperature checks, etc.
- Send Quality reports to Suppliers daily and reviewing raw material quality on a continuous basis.
- Communicate details to the Quality/Production/purchasing teams on the quality/shelf life of produce being received by MPC.
- Ensure HACCP (food safety) principles are continuously met for product safety and process control.
- Ensure good manufacturing and housekeeping practices are always in place.
- Liaising with the Supervisors, Line-Leaders, General Operatives and Buyers on quality of produce daily.
- Maintain customer and supplier specifications for all products.
- Ensuring BRC, Global Gap and TFMS requirements are maintained as set down in the relevant standard.
- Carrying out internal audits on a routine basis/ when required.
- Endorses an “Audit Ready Every day” and Customer Focused Culture.
- Ensuring and cross-checking traceability for each delivery and contact all foreign suppliers to obtain traceability in advance.
- Communicate your work plan and envisaged daily and weekly tasks with Management in advance.
- Assist management with any ad hoc duties requested or in their absence.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified incorporating Quality Assurance/management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Prior Managerial experience is essential
- BRC / IFS Food Safety Certification, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices and food manufacturing is essential
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Principles
- Ability to delegate to a team but also ability to work on own initiative
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Computer literate
- Quality Risk-based thinking and decision making
- Must be able to prioritise and organise tasks
- Natural ability to work in team-oriented environment
Your ICDS Consultant