Senior Account Manager - West Dublin
Ref No: DT17922
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Account Manager - West Dublin.
This role will report to the Sales & Business Development Director and is responsible for maintaining and commercially growing existing customer accounts by providing ‘Best in Class’ customer support and service. The role will also carry responsibility for supporting the development of new business with new and existing accounts.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Sales team, the Customer Account Manager will assist in the strategic development of existing accounts within the company's customers.
- Responsible for the effective commercial management of existing accounts and achieving the associated annual targets for those accounts (with respect to revenue, margin and cash flow and developing the business within those target accounts aligned to the corporate Five Year Plan).
- Develop with the Sales & Business Development Director a compelling strategic sales plan for the region and deliver on its execution
- Responsible for ensuring consistent and effective communication between the company and its customers including timely feedback of customer concerns / dissatisfaction.
- Identify key decision makers within target accounts, and develop relationships leading to the development of a pipeline of new opportunities in line with business strategy.
- Responsible for negotiating and putting in place legal agreements with existing customers (new and existing CDA’s / Supply agreements) by ensuring that they are compliant with corporate policy and in line with the broader corporate relationship within any key account.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and preparation of commercial bids for new business within existing accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining and building relationships within the customer’s organisation as measured through appropriate KPI’s e.g. Balanced Score Card, customer surveys and / or customer feedback mechanisms.
- Responsible for ensuring that the provisions of contracts are invoked and maintained as programs progress with the support of the relevant Program Managers and Business Unit Managers.
- Providing input / assistance to the drafting of Capex documentation for internal approval in support of customer programs / projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely submission of account reports and plans in support of corporate communications and reviews.
- Maintain market awareness and understand end-user needs. Participate in industry forums (conferences & exhibitions)
- Participate in Global Account teams as required to ensure that the strategy and approach is aligned across regions and that all global opportunities are identified and targeted.
Interested applicants should have:
- Must have a minimum of a Degree in a relevant discipline (Business/Finance/ Engineering) and at least 5 to 7 years' customer relationship / commercial experience.
- Must have a proven track record in business winning and business development.
- Must have an ability to effectively work as part of a multi-disciplined team in a business to business environment.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and be able to travel as required by the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritise tasks, must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to deal with all levels of employees and work across various departments.