Ref No: AM17529
County Meath, Republic of Ireland
Head of Manufacturing - County Meath.
In this role you will be responsible for the entire production process. You will plan, organise and recommend strategies for ensuring that the product is produced successfully, in accordance with all quality specifications. You will have line management responsibility for all production and related employees and will be ultimately responsible for safety, quality and plant output.
The scope of the role includes assessing project and resource requirements, negotiating and agreeing targets and timescales with senior management, and for driving continuous improvement. You would be expected to spend a considerable portion of your time operating in the 5-year time horizon.
• In line with training and applicable procedures, conduct all duties in a way that promotes the company's values & best practice standards relating to health, safety, environmental & quality performance
• Role model core values continuously and demonstrate the use of core values to drive continuous improvement
• Management of day to day activities within production ensuring customer requirements are met in a timely, compliant, safe and cost-effective manner. Fully accountable for safety, quality and output
• Responsible for investigating all production related customer complaints, for implementing root cause analysis and correction action programs to prevent recurrence
• Develop a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done in a timely and productive manner throughout the organisation
• Responsible for completing all production related report cards, and for providing a 12 month rolling forecast together with underlying assumptions supporting the numbers
• Management of a team of Production Supervisors responsible for manufacturing product to targeted production plans in a safe and quality driven manner. Liaising with department managers on issues that directly affect production activities
• Ensuring all operational performance measures are reached including safety, first pass yield, uptime, productivity, efficiency, waste, and quality. Intervening when needed to bring performance back within expectations
• To support site business strategies, inclusive of succession planning and shift resource levels while ensuring personnel are organized appropriately so that optimum operational performance is achieved.
• To support & drive the wider organisational priorities of Operational Excellence in manufacturing - continually driving process improvements across production to achieve the performance targets.
• Work with Head of HR to develop flexibility in the organisation and to develop high potential talent within the production function for future higher level responsibilities
• Drive a consistent team based approach across production ensuring open two way communication at all times. Drive team meetings, team problem solving, and continuous improvement initiatives across the production department.
• Develop and maintain safety programs with the HSEQ leader including appropriate training and communication sessions and ensuring the safety of all personnel in production and related functions
• Manage people issues including absenteeism, return to work procedures, performance management etc. in consultation with Human Resources
• Actively seek and evaluate opportunities for automation to reduce repetitive tasks, or technology to improve process control
• Oversee plant security with third party provider.
Interested applicants should have a relevant third level qualification in a science, manufacturing, or engineering discipline, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are essential including judgement in decision making. The successful candidate must have the ability and be able to demonstrate openness and willingness to invent new organizational structures, procedures and technology to drive continuous improvement.
The individual must have proven leadership attributes, be able to demonstrate their ability to manage teams, provide coaching and feedback to champion change. He/she must have the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels and a driving vision to create an inclusive culture of performance, continuous improvement and development underpinned by proven methodologies such as Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA and 6S. Training will be provided in these methodologies if not already obtained.
Expert knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing is important coupled with strong business and commercial acumen.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, energetic and versatile individual to join a highly successful company.