Lead Heavy Machinery Mechanic - Co. Kilkenny
Ref No: DT18055
County Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland
We are currently seeking a proven Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to join our busy client firm in Co. Kilkenny as a Lead Mechanic.
The Lead Heavy Machinery Mechanic's duties will involve supervision of a team and responsibility over repair, diagnostics, inspections and maintenance of heavy machinery and equipment used across the site and across various activities.
We require a person with a strong mechanical background, technical expertise and aptitude as well as an ability to work independently & as part of a team. The Lead Heavy Machinery Mechanic will be responsible for ensuring all operating machinery is running efficiently and safely to minimise downtime and maximise site productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reglar inspections of machinery and all equipment. Identifying mechanical, hydraulic and electrical issues.
- Diagnostics & troubleshooting of heavy machinery systems - to include (not limited to) engines, transmissions, hydraulics & electrical systems.
- Repair & maintenance tasks such as replacing faulty parts, adjusting components and preventative maintenance where required to ensure performance efficiency throughout all machinery.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and equipment to ensure all mechanical issues within heavy machinery are identified and resolved in efficient time.
- Produce work schedules for the team and liase with the maintenance planner to schedule repairs and maintenance tasks for minimising equipment downtime.
- Maintain records for all maintenance and repair activities including but not limited to labur hours, equipment status' and parts used.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines for working on heavy machinery, ensuring a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to heavy machinery maintenance and repair.
- Assist in the procurement of spare parts and supplies, ensuring an adequate inventory is maintained for efficient repairs and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and support to mechanics and apprentices, sharing knowledge and expertise to enhance their skills and development.
- Collaborate with equipment operators and production teams to understand any machinery-related issues and provide timely solutions.
- Participate in training programs and workshops to enhance technical skills and stay updated with evolving machinery technologies.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and regulations, including safety guidelines and environmental standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring tools and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and other stakeholders to report progress, discuss challenges, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience as a qualified heavy machinery mechanic, with a strong understanding of various types of heavy machinery and their components.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems used in heavy machinery.
- Proficient in using diagnostic tools, equipment, and software to identify and resolve mechanical issues.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex machinery problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in documenting maintenance and repair activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Commitment to safety protocols and guidelines, with a strong understanding of occupational hazards and risk mitigation strategies.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.