Ref No: AM17028
Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland
Machine Shop Manager- County Clare.
Our client seeks an experienced Machine Shop Manager to join a growing team. This will be a key role in the engineering and machine shop function and requires someone coming from a manufacturing background. Working in a team of 12 and reporting into the Engineering Manager, this is an excellent opportunity in an excellent organisation.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To supervise and manage each of the Operators assigned to the Machine Shop area
• Assign daily production duties to the Production Operators
• Ensure production, safety and quality procedures are being followed
• To communicate with other departments to help ensure the effective and efficient running of the Machine Shop area.
• To liaise with Purchasing to ensure material is available and highlight any shortages, and with Engineering to ensure that ECN activity is being implemented properly
• Issue Machine Shop output schedules and ensure they align with customer requirements
• Ensure short term and long-term targets are set and measure for machines and operators
• Identify areas for lean and other improvement activities to achieve high impact results including increased profitability, productivity and capacity, reduced internal cost and improved lead times
• Maintain competent and effective work group by providing technical assistance and instructions, training, developing and motivating team members
• Maintain accuracy of the information for the machines within the ERP system including lead-time, allocated hours and stock levels
• Ensure safe working conditions within the area in order to provide a pleasant working environment, limit on the job injuries and to reduce lost time
• Account for deviant parts produced by completing MRB (materials review board) reports outlining where parts can be re-worked and suggesting more efficient manufacturing methods
• Undertake appraisals and performance reviews as and when required, highlighting training and development needs and ensuring these are delivered and met
• Ensure in-process inspection checks are carried out
• Management of machine tooling requirements