Ref No: AM17981
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Operations Manager (electronics) - Dublin city.
• This is a senior operational role that handles all aspects of the external and internal production and test of the product portfolio, ensuring that all products are manufactured and delivered in line with customers' quality and delivery requirements. This role will include management responsibility for manufacturing, output from the various subcontract manufacturers, internal facilities and supply chain.
• It also involves new product introduction and manufacturing and development of test processes and equipment.
• New product introduction involves ensuring new product is ready for sub-contract manufacture and all the documentation, procedures and test are in place for this. It also involves providing training and support to the sub-contract manufacturer as required.
• The successful candidate will be expected to deputise for the Operations Director as and when required.
• As the company expands, the role and responsibilities of the Operations Manager are likely to increase and further develop.
• As the majority of product is manufactured externally, the internal production team is small.
• Managing the production schedules, process, and the delivery of products and projects in line with customers’ requirements, schedules, and specifications.
• Planning and scheduling subcontract manufacturing companies, other suppliers and internal resources in line with production, test, quality and delivery requirements.
• Forecast and manage procurement of all products in line with lead times, customer orders and projections, and cost-effective batch and lot sizes.
• Work closely with hardware and software groups on the successful and timely introduction of new products and development of test equipment.
• Assist in the decision-making process related to New Products especially with regard to manufacturability and test.
• Manage root cause and drive corrective and preventative actions on any issues.
• Identify and drive product and process quality and cost improvements.
• Maintaining current product pricelist based on product and operational costs.
Background and Experience requirements for this role:
• Experience of supply chain management (including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management, packaging & shipping).
• Experience in managing and scheduling customer orders from order commitment to delivering orders in line with agreed commitments
• Experience of manufacture and testing of electronic products and supporting associated production and test processes
• Experience of quality management and delivering customer requirements.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate and interface with a multi-disciplinary team including R&D, sales and finance.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to drive root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions and continuous improvement in all areas.
• Broad engineering technical skills across a wide range of industries;
• Experience of implementation of manufacturing functionality of ERP/MRP systems would be an advantage.
• Experience of Lean Manufacturing would also be beneficial.