Ref No: DT18013
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
Product Development Manager - County Westmeath.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of new products from concept stage to the development of prototypes through to finished products ready for manufacture. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, marketing, and sales, to ensure that products are developed on time, within budget, and to the required specifications. The role will involve applying project management skills, market research, and business acumen to drive innovation and growth.
• Manage and oversee all project management activities to support internal and external customers
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
• Ability to capture and specify the design requirements and the development and validation needed to deliver successful components to meet/exceed the customer’s specifications.
• Responsibility for the management of all Design activities including Request for Quotations (RFQs), Design freeze / release, Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Design Verification/Product Validation (DV & PV) testing and Computer-aided engineering (CAE).
• Present design, costs, changes and budgetary information effectively to senior stakeholders and customers, providing regular progress updates.
• Respond to Requests for Quotation (RFQs) from the Sales department.
• Lead the team in new product development projects.
• Prepare for and present status of product development work packages at project gate reviews (including corrective actions if necessary)
• Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
• Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
• Stay current and up to date on any technology changes that may affect engineering design and development and advise others of any impact.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
• Participate in the development and continuous improvement of departmental guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure departmental compliance with all TS16949 requirements, policies, and PMO directives to perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience sought for this role:
• At least 5 years' experience in the automotive industry
• At least 3 years' experience in product development
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree
• In-depth knowledge and experience of DFMEA, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, and Six Sigma
• Experience of New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production
• Ability to innovate and think independently
• Expertise in product discovery and product design opportunities
• Effective communicator - can clearly explain and present ideas, observations and findings with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Analytical in approach to data and problem solving
• Experience of managing a team