Production Manager - County Westmeath
Ref No: AM17199
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
Production Manager - County Westmeath.
In this role you will lead a team of circa 200 people as a key member of the Management Team. You will have primary responsibility for meeting the needs and expectations of customers in terms of product quality and delivery; overseeing all operational functions including production, engineering, facilities and maintenance.
- Lead all site production activities, achievement of the production plan, fulfilling all related customer expectations including on time in full deliveries and delivered quality
- Lead the creation, ongoing development and deployment of best practice Lean Manufacturing strategy and framework; ensuring consistent and rigorous application across the business in line with best practice, including improvement projects/initiatives; continuous improvement; and developing an enthusiastic, diverse, agile and flexible team in collaboration with all other functions
- Develop and accurately monitor / report on manufacturing process performances using appropriate measurement tools; identify and implement process and systems improvements resulting in better yields, efficiency and cost savings while maintaining product and process quality
- Develop and manage operating budget for the Production Department, in agreement with the Financial Controller
- Initiate and oversee optimum employment and engagement levels through the effective recruitment, training, leadership, mentoring, development and management of all key operational managers including Cell Leaders, Department Heads and Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineering; proactively leading organisational development activities throughout the plant, while ensuring harmonious industrial relations.
- Inspire the production team to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the production systems/processes by fostering a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Actively promote an EHS culture within production; ensuring that personnel adhere to safe work practices & standard operating procedures; ensuring safe, compliant, efficient and effective operation of the Production process.
- Ensure any required investments in relation to production are identified and supported by the appropriate business case and ensure their implementation & validation
- Set operational performance goals which are ambitious, achievable and tied to long-term corporate goals; establish and report on appropriate measurement tools and performance indicators to reflect key success factors across all elements of manufacturing
Interested candidates should have:
- Ideally a degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years' manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based engineering manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in Lean Manufacturing and familiar with Operational Excellence & efficiencies and Right First time Philosophy
- A collaborative leadership style; evidence of successfully creating a highly talented, engaged and performing team and navigating cross-functionally in an evolving and dynamic environment. Allied to the ability to motivate, influence, align, mentor and train others while being an effective role model across the organisation
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Natural intellectual curiosity with an original thinking and business/operational intelligence mindset. An ability to see the bigger picture and positively challenge accordingly.
- Ambition for the business and for own career progression. Sees the opportunity for the role to evolve and expand once there is a best practice and highly efficient production function in place
- Commercial and financial awareness with excellent attention to detail as well as strong organisational, follow-up and presentation skills
This role offers an exciting, demanding and fulfilling career opportunity for the successful candidate to become a leader and central contributor to the long-term success of a leading manufacturing business; driving its growth and development at an exciting and pivotal time.