Ref No: AM17199
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Production Manager - County Westmeath.
As a member of the Management Team, the Production Manager is the site manager with primary responsibility for meeting the needs and expectations of customers in terms of product quality and delivery, and the health and safety of employees and visitors.
Deployment of a Lean manufacturing framework, to ensure consistent and rigorous application across the business in line with best practice. Responsible for the successful management and implementation of Lean manufacturing improvement projects/initiatives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, developing an enthusiastic, diverse and flexible team, in collaboration with all departments. Ensuring that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability requirements are adhered to.
• The Production Manager is responsible for leading all site production activities, achievement of the production plan, fulfilling all related customer expectations including on time in full deliveries and delivered quality.
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice Lean manufacturing strategy
• Monitoring and reporting of process performances.
• Identify and implement process and systems improvements resulting in better yields, efficiency and cost savings while maintaining product and process quality.
• Develop and manage operating budget for the Production department, in agreement with the Financial Controller
• Ensures safe, compliant, efficient and effective operation of the Production processes
• Ensure compliance with ISO 14001, all Environmental, Health and Safety and Regulatory requirements
• Training, leadership and management of all reports
• Oversee and report maintenance issues
• Member of the Management Team
• Actively promote an EHS culture within production ensuring that personnel adhere to safe work practices & standard operating procedures
• Ensure that the production of products is conducted in facilities and equipment which is clean, and where applicable, qualified, calibrated and maintained as necessary
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement. Inspire production team to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the production systems/processes
• Ensure any needs/investments in relation to production are identified and supported by the appropriate business case and ensuring their implementation & validation
• Establish and report on appropriate measurement tools and performance indicators
• Develop a robust continuous improvement strategy for Production in partnership with the Management Team and key business stakeholders
• Implement and support cultural change across the production organisation and drive business improvement
• Develop, deliver and support delivery of business improvement initiatives
• Provide expertise and guidance to the business in production improvement processes, drawing from proven industry practice and methodologies
• Undertake business process analysis, for identification of improvement projects and to support wider change
• Lead, define and develop continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events
• Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Produce written reports and make presentations
• Undertake continuous training and development
• Perform root cause analysis and problem solving
• Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors
• Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
• Prepare and manage an annual departmental budget and capital expenditure proposals, including future requirements related to New Product Introduction, as well as ensuring compliance with current legal standards.
Interested applicants should have:
• Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 5 years' manufacturing experience, at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment
• Proven track record in Lean Manufacturing and genuine interest in successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team
• Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.