Production Scheduler- Cavan
Ref No: SF17335
Cavan, Co. Cavan, Ireland
Production Scheduler- Cavan
A large Meat Processing facility is currently recruiting a Production Scheduler. As Production Scheduler you will be responsible for ensuring the overall production plan, as supplied by the S&Op function is adhered to in full to ensure customers’ orders are supplied.
You are the crucial link between the S&OP and all elements of processing on site. The MCPH Unit Manager, Shift Manager’s, Team leads, and Materials will look to you for a detailed, easy to follow schedule for daily production.
You will balance and schedule production, quality, H&S, and engineering to ensure to ensure the MCPH runs efficiently. You will work very closely with the S&Op team to ensure, once plans have been confirmed, that the best and most optimum schedule is in place to meet and exceed all customer demands and associated supply chain requirements. Products entering the processing hall will need to be utilised to maximise their WGA, Yield and OEE, which you will be fully accountable for. Engineers will look to you for PMS time to ensure the up time of the equipment in turn maximising OEE. Working cross functionally in a fast-moving environment is a key prerequisite for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unit Performance
- Developing a schedule to ensure adherence to agreed production plan in a timely manner.
- Raw Material delivery coordination.
- Maximizing productivity.
- Support Unit Manager to ensure WGA are within set targets.
- Support Engineering manager to ensure reactive and preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Minimise downtime and optimise changeovers.
- Achieve agreed planning measures and targets.
- GMP people and process through effective planning.
- Ensure quality of product is maintained above required levels and not compromised at the expense of planning or scheduling.
- Achieve company cost savings
- Optimise FTE and standard manning.
- Capex Highlight opportunities for investment with from Team Leads and Shift Managers
- Surpass minimum quality standards and measures.
- Schedule production to achieve health and safety targets.
- Comply with relevant HR policies and procedures.
- Comply with company reporting needs.
Interested Candidates should be able to:
- Create a climate in which people want to do their best as part of a cohesive, cooperative group effort.
- Promote confidence and positive attitude through honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Build and maintain relationships with others at all levels to develop mutually beneficial outcomes. Uses diplomacy, tact, and interpersonal skills to support others in reaching consensus.
- Effectively convey information and expresses thoughts and facts in a manner that will constructively persuade, convince, and influence others.
- Ability to make informed, effective, and timely decisions in a manner that is both collaborative & empowering to employees and inclusive of internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to understand and consider the Production Unit’s long-term vision and objectives when carrying out and overseeing week-to-week activities.
- Possesse the ability and desire to improve performance using creative, innovative, and quality-driven approaches. Develops and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Communicate ideas and information in an engaging manner. Works co-operatively with others and builds relationships within and outside of the organisation.
- Expertise and track record in FMCG, food production, Live Operations.
- Possess a strong understanding and application of forecasting principles and S&OP.
- Exceptional numeric and analytical skills.
- Strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment to a plan.
- Sound organization and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Meet or Exceed Production Plan adherence target though optimum schedules.
- Meet or exceed Labour cost per kg target.
- Meet or exceed Materials utilisation around yields and WGA.
- Meet or exceed Productivity targets, kg/man/hr.
- Balance of raw materials, forecast accuracy, manning and OTIF in processing.
- Same SKU revisited more than once in processing in one day
Apply below or contact Sean Fitzsimons at ICDS Recruitment for more details & to discuss the position in confidence
Your ICDS Consultant