Ref No: AM17150
Galway, Co. Galway, Ireland
Production Supervisor (pharma sector) - County Galway.
In this role you will be responsible for the supervision of the production operation, ensuring full compliance with budget, quality & HSE requirements. Provide technical & continuous improvement project management skills to drive operational excellence.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Overall supervision of day to day systems within the operational function area to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely, compliant, safe and cost-effective manner.
• Resolve any non-conformance in the manufacturing systems by timely and proactive action.
• Ensure that hygiene standards are maintained in the manufacturing areas via the development of a Housekeeping System.
• Ensure suggestions for Quality Improvements, problem solving etc. that are made by members of the production department are discussed with the appropriate personnel and taken on board if feasible.
• Assist the Quality Department in the management of GMP system related activities
• Develop a training system to enhance shop-floor skillsets and create a customer and right-first time focus.
• Ensure that training records are maintained and a training plan prepared for each member of the production department.
• Develop an annual safety plan and ensure the HSE system is proactive and behaviour based.
• Collaborate with the Operational Excellence Champion to implement projects and realise operational savings.
• Ensure departmental Operating procedures are proactively reviewed and updated to meet the required regulatory requirements and streamlined for operational efficiency
• Support the Production Manager in preparation for external audits (Health Authorities, Governmental Bodies etc.).
Interested applicants should have:
• Degree in a Scientific related discipline
• Minimum of 3 years' relevant manufacturing experience in a leadership position
• Experience in an FDA Pharma environment is a requirement
• Understanding of Lean tools and techniques
• Self-motivated natural leader with excellent judgment skills
• Experience with conflict management and team building