Ref No: AM18051
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Operations Manager - North Dublin.
This position has overall responsibility for the manufacturing and test processes at the Dublin manufacturing site. The incumbent will manage, direct and co-ordinate the activities of a group of Managers, Team Leaders, Systems Test and Production Staff to meet production schedules, cost parameters and customer scheduled delivery dates.
The incumbent must be able to plan and manage the manufacturing and testing requirements and project manufacturing demands. The ability to analyse situations within a global business setting, organise the necessary facts, and make prompt judgments in an effort to optimise manufacturing capacity, delivery, cost, regulatory compliance, and quality of product, is required. The incumbent must evaluate plant manufacturing and testing capacity on an ongoing basis and make contingency plans and recommendations to Dublin plant management in an effort to prevent interruption in product delivery. The incumbent must be a key contributor in Make vs Buy decisions. They must be creative and make sound judgments and decisions in all areas of product manufacturing and testing and human resource management and ensure a safe workplace exists. The incumbent must have strong Employee Relations/IR experience in dealing with a union and in maintaining good employee relations on the site.
• Manage the Dublin site product-specific manufacturing and test functions to obtain the scheduled output of a high-quality product whilst meeting the required quality/regulatory/quantity/time/safety/cost objectives.
• Meet the production schedules and customer scheduled delivery dates through the efficient utilisation of available resources (manpower, equipment, material, space, etc.).
• Foster good employee relations through effective feedback and communication.
• Champion “Continuous Improvement” of manufacturing and plant operations. Develop and implement “Best Practice” processes and procedures to achieve lowest total delivered cost, highest manufactured quality, and timely delivery objectives.
• Lead and actively drive new product/process introduction, including strong participation of your group in cross-functional project teams, and coordinating requirements and objectives with manufacturing and development organisations.
• Manage a manufacturing rating system that shall ensure performance of key metrics are met in the areas of manufacturing, inventory, cost, quality, and customer responsiveness.
• Co-ordinate with peer functions to resolve any issues that may impact meeting production schedule and with Customer Services to co-ordinate priority sales order changes.
• Interface with Dublin site Quality and Engineering functions to ensure effective implementation of notified product design changes and performance enhancements.
• Develop and monitor budget activities, control of overtime and related expenses for the manufacturing function.
• Work closely with counterparts in other locations.
• Ensure the regulatory compliance and safe operation of production activities.
• Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team of the Dublin facility, establishing direction and making decisions on site-wide priorities. Share responsibility for achievement of site objectives.
• Ensure performance management and development planning processes are in place for all production employees.
This role requires a Business, Manufacturing or Engineering degree (QQI level 8) with a minimum of 10 years' production management experience. Must have a working knowledge of and experience in material planning systems (MRP/MRP II), inventory management, and up-to-date manufacturing processes and scheduling. Must have experience with advanced continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing processes. Must have ability to analyse details and organise into a professional business plan.
The incumbent must have strong Employee Relations/IR experience in dealing with a union and in maintaining good employee relations on the site.