Ref No: AM17090
Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
Senior Team Lead (food sector) - County Cork.
In this role you will responsibility for leading the Packing Area to meet and exceed site KPI's. You will develop your team so that the plant can meet the strategic imperatives going forward.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Accountability for Safety, Quality, Service, Competitiveness and People and meeting associated KPI's including:
Health & Safety
Production line OEE targets.
Production plan creation & attainment.
New SKU implementation
Training versatility matrix
• Ensure full compliance with technical and food hygiene standards to ensure product meets all appropriate quality and safety standards
• Responsible for scoping, planning, execution and transition of assigned projects.
• Support the Operations Manager in development and implementation of the site strategy.
• Manage, coach, motivate and develop the Team Leaders through coaching, mentoring and identification of training needs to enable succession planning
• Liaise with suppliers and customers to ensure plans are in place to meet demand requirements across all product families.
• Monitor physical and hidden waste and drive efficiencies
• Monitor overtime and meet overtime targets.
• Commission and integrate any new equipment and develop subsequent processes.
• Work closely with Training Specialist to ensure training matrix is in place and being actioned.
• Investigate complaints and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
• Promote and use Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools to drive continuous improvement.
• Drive output and actions from the meeting structure and plant performance analysis tools.
Interested applicants should ideally come from a World Class Manufacturing environment within the food industry. You will be ambitious to move your career to the next level by joining a team of professionals building a centre of excellence where world class manufacturing practices are put in place, and a culture of continuous improvement is created and maintained.
You should have:
• Excellent people leadership skills and associated track record, with a clear commitment to coaching and developing teams.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
• Problem solver, disciplined in collecting information, ascertaining root cause of issues, and identifying and developing practical solutions.
• Third level qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Business, SCM or equivalent, or willingness to work towards a relevant qualification
• Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) desirable