Ref No: DT17863
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Area Sales Representative - East of Ireland Regions.
Role Responsibilities and Duties:
• In this role you will represent the company and promote and develop and conclude sales of the company’s products – machines tools, CNC and conventional, metal forming and metal cutting, consumables, accessories and related products.
• Working with other Sales Representatives and Product Managers, you will be expected to cover territory in the East region of the country (indicatively counties Dublin, Louth, Monaghan, Meath, Westmeath, Kildare, Wicklow, Carlow, Wexford, Kikenny, Waterford) for existing and potential customers. There may be also occasional trips to Offaly & Cavan where required.
• Working with the Field Sales Manager to achieve and exceed sales targets set.
• Approaching and engaging with existing and new customers, you will follow up existing enquiries, prospect for and generate new leads and enquiries and market and deliver effective proposals for products in order to exceed sales and revenue targets.
Activities towards the above will include:
• Working with customers and engineers on pre-sale activities including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine and part processing assessments and recommendations, and development of turnkey proposals.
• Specifying, proposing and proposing equipment which is fit for purpose for the customer’s requirements.
• Making proposals and presentations as to why the equipment offered is optimum, both technically and commercially, for the customer’s requirements and in their best interest.
• Maintaining involvement on machine demonstrations, turnkey projects and other customer related projects to meet deadlines and budgets.
• Negotiating with customers on pricing, terms and conditions of contracts and conclusion of machine sale and customer purchase order.
• Documenting and detailing and following up all aspects of the agreed contract with the customer and with internal personnel, including Technical Manager and Service Manager, so as to facilitate and proactively ensure the competent execution of the project by the company, including management of any project technical or commercial risks arising.
• Working with other Sales Representatives, Product Managers, Service Manager and company Directors to pro-actively address customer requirements and any issues arising.
• Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company.
• Submitting customer visit reports on a weekly basis and using company CRM systems to update status of enquiries.
Interested applicants should have and be:
• Metal Fabrication background / CNC. Knowledge of metal forming / workshop machine tools – punching, laser, bending, folding, sawing, pipe bending, grinding.
• Personable, sales oriented, knowledgeable and competent in front of customers.
• Resilient. Able to work by himself/herself but to keep in daily communication with sales team.
• Literate, able to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to listen, discern and evaluate customers’ requirements.