Ref No: AM17474yy
County Antrim, UK
Business Data Analyst - Antrim.
In this role you will support the Procurement Division of the business, working within the Merchandising Category Team. You will be responsible for analysing a wide range of data to help formulate informed procurement, brand and business strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring this analysis is relevant for each specific category or market. They will be comfortable using a wide range of analytical tools to help with their analysis, be experienced with digital data such as social & search right through to traditional business data such as penetration & brand equity.
This role will be responsible for providing quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis and insight on their projects. The successful candidate will ensure that internal briefs are translated into analytical projects, so they need to be comfortable working on their own analytics projects while also working with the Merchandising team on larger, more complex briefs
• Support the Merchandising leadership team to translate internal briefs into analytical projects
• Conduct analysis using in-house & external analytics tools, and be comfortable analysing a range of social and business data
• Ensure the analysis & insights are understood and any business changes incorporated as required
• Maintain and build dashboards for internal use
• Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis and insight to inform business strategy, procurement and brand strategies
• Translate data and analysis into impactful, action-orientated reports for internal stakeholders
• Able to communicate the key findings and insight to senior stakeholders and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation style
• Monitor progress of deliverables and actively work with delivery analysts in the speciality hubs where required on complex briefs, communicate progress with category teams & product data analyst
• Maintain a comprehensive catalogue of previous analysis to avoid duplication and to share learnings from relevant past projects
• Arrange a follow-up meeting with colleagues after they have received their analysis to ensure that it has been helpful and document any scope for improvements to the service
Interested applicants should have:
• Third Level Degree in Business/Marketing/Mathematics or similar, ideally having exposure to relevant Statistical Analysis
• High level of commercial expertise, ideally with 3-5 years' relevant experience in an analytical role providing insight and recommendations based on analysis
• Results-based with a demonstrated track record of applying financial, commercial or procurement skills to a range of business-related objectives, i.e. delivering cost savings or enhancing the quality of services provided to businesses
• A proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
• Experience using consumer insights, competitive assessment, pricing, promotional planning and financial analysis.
• Previous knowledge of Food Service and Merchandising with experience in Market Insights Forum an advantage
• Ability to analyse and present data in a way that is both impactful and understood by the audience
• Ability to present in concise matter to empower and enable decision making based on sound analysis
• Excellent PC and Microsoft Office skills including Excel to Advanced level is a minimum requirement
• Advanced PowerPoint and experience presenting to large audiences
• Advanced financial modelling experience
• Experience in Analytical Tools, Data Modelling and Query Building
• Full clean driving license