Ref No: AM17342
Business Unit Manager - Water Treatment.
This is a field-based role, covering the 32 counties, and as such there is complete flexibility as to where the successful candidate might be based.
In this position you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and servicing existing and new accounts in the industrial market for water treatment solutions. You will work closely with customers to provide water treatment solutions tailored to their specific needs. Experience of filtration and/or membrane separation technology is a requirement.
The role requires an ability to build long-term relationships and a commitment to creating positive experiences for new and existing customers. Candidates must have a technological understanding of membrane filtration processes, experience selling capital equipment and replacement parts, the drive to become an industry expert, and the desire to learn how the company's technology benefits customers.
The types of industries serviced and sold into are food and beverage, heavy and light engineering, dairy, pharma, rain water harvesting.
• Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organising daily work schedule to call on existing, and develop potential sales prospects.
• Identify new business needs and opportunities and develop and implement customised solutions for customers.
• Responsibility for sales, account correspondence, contracts, orders received, new business implementation, troubleshooting and follow up.
• Working to achieve clearly defined commercial sales targets
• Dealing with Technical, Engineering, Buyers and Facility Managers
• Customer lead generation, sales funnel. Effectively manage utilisation of CRM tools, both to manage personal opportunities as well as team opportunities, including closing marketing and tech-service generated leads.
• Tender management and bid/offer negotiations
• Develop and execute commercial plans to drive top line growth and enhanced profitability aligned to the goals and objectives of the company growth plan
• Have the energy and ability to drive the sales process and promote the company in the Industrial Filtration market. Continue to increase market share.
• Ability to make technical presentations and equipment design knowledge demonstrating how the company product range will meet client needs, providing pre-sales technical assistance and interpreting customer requirements.
• Have a demonstrable track record of success.
• Shows a hunger to learn and keep up to date.
• Have the ability to communicate up to date knowledge clearly and efficiently.
• Be a self-starter and have a sense of urgency to achieve results
• Be competitive and work hard to exceed sales /profit targets.
• Work closely with Technical Teams to increase sales.
• Drive new business development opportunities for water systems at industrial facilities.
• Get in front of, and communicate effectively with, decision makers and build long-term relationships at all levels of an organisation.
• Negotiate with company technical experts to make sure the end users have the product specifications to solve their problems enabling them to purchase with confidence.
Interested applicants should have:
• A degree, preferably in electrical or mechanical engineering, or relevant years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Sales experience in the water treatment industry is essential. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in sales with a proven successful track record.
• Sound technical knowledge of water treatment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Application and product training is provided.
• Customer focus – Ability to fulfil customer needs and expectations. Must be professional and confident with internal and external customers.
• Delivering Results – Deliver against strategic business KPI’s. Passionate about success and delivering operational excellence, whilst sharing best practice
• Must have the ability to make independent decisions, work flexibly, and have excellent time management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a true service attitude
• Knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
This is a field-based role and frequent travel will be required. The successful candidate must have a clean driving licence.