Ref No: AM17877
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Biochemistry Laboratory Professional - North Dublin.
Our client seeks an experienced Biochemist working within a Laboratory interested in joining an expanding Engineering team, developing next generation Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry instruments.
This role involves supporting and troubleshooting issues that impact assays at the instrument level. It will involve managing chemical handling processes, test processes, carrying out investigations, providing technical support to field service and documenting findings in a highly regulated environment. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional engineering team consisting of R&D and manufacturing engineers.
The role is high-paced where you will work on many different projects across the full product lifecycle, i.e. R&D, manufacturing and customer support.
Strong experience in a medical diagnostics laboratory with Immunoassay and/or Clinical Chemistry instruments is essential.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multi-disciplinary Engineering group.
The critical skills required for this role are:
• Clinical laboratory experience, preferably working with mid-to-high volume Immunoassay and Clinical Chemistry IVD instruments
• Experience partaking in assay related investigations, and writing detailed reports/SOP's in a clear and precise manner
• Ability to comprehensively present findings and updates to the wider engineering team and key stakeholders
• Experience dealing with complaints/non-conformances within a highly regulated environment
• A problem solver that finds robust solutions using a structured approach
• Good knowledge of laboratory best practices and processes (e.g. chemical handling)
• Experience/knowledge in basic statistics, process control, and KPI'’s
• Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and statistical applications (Minitab, JMP etc.)
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Biochemistry/Engineering/Chemistry/Life Sciences or similar)
• At least 4 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting utilising Immunoassay and/or Clinical Chemistry techniques