Ref No: DT18018
County Wicklow, Republic of Ireland
Environmental Technical Officer - County Wicklow.
Main purpose of role:
To support the day-to-day management and development of the Environmental Department in a utilities company. The role will involve all aspects of Environmental Compliance and sampling testing of material to ensure standard is achieved.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
To ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements relating to the organisation's activities.
Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental
Management Systems, including:
• To communicate effectively throughout the company on Environmental issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
• Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company.
• To support the Group Compliance Managers with regard to the development of group objectives.
• To promote the development of a positive Compliance culture within the organisation/facility.
• To provide reports relating to Compliance as necessary to management.
• To support the business needs of the company through innovative and efficient approaches in achieving compliance requirements that enhance the continuing development and growth of the company.
• Coordination of required monitoring, measurement and calibration tasks.
• Support emergency planning and provision of support role to incidents as they arise and emergency situations.
• To effectively communicate Compliance requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events.
• To coordinate, manage and deliver Compliance related training (company requirements, procedures new legal requirements etc.), inductions, staff training etc.
• To report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow up actions.
• To monitor objectives and promote their delivery
• To carry out audits and inspections.
• To generate awareness of Compliance matters and seek to resolve issues that arise.
• To maintain, audit and communicate requirements for end of waste status for material
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience requirements for this role:
• Third level qualification in Environmental Science is required.
• Additional Health & Safety qualification is desirable, however training will be provided
• At least 1 year's experience within an EPA regulated role is required.
• Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deliver training.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Full driving licence required.