Ref No: AM17753
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
Laboratory Manager - County Westmeath.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that the laboratory is organised and that all lab operations run smoothly. This involves scheduling staff, ordering supplies, maintaining health and safety protocols, and training lab technicians / assistants. The Laboratory Manager will develop and design new material formulations and re-formulate current products to improve performance. This role will be responsible for leading quality and technical investigations to identify and implement corrective and preventative actions, as well as strong involvement with paint plant and anodising processes.
The Lab Manager will ensure that their team follow all industry standards and safety regulations. This role requires the ability to multitask and forward plan to ensure that the team is effective and productive. Combining their experience in the science field with excellent managerial skills, to create a positive work environment for the whole team.
• Research & development of new product concepts.
• Review all lab & plant documents and reports to ensure completeness and compliance with customer and company requirements.
• Manage and assist with various research projects
• Exploring new technologies, planning, and executing experiments; data analysis and interpretation
• Assist others with and perform lab techniques
• Manage reporting, monitoring, resources, and laboratory personnel
• Work closely with team members to provide effective solutions to support business and quality objectives
• Training and mentoring Lab technicians and assistants
• Facilitate effective communication across internal departments by trending and reporting data
• Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, health & safety protocols, budgets, and schedules
• Establish and improve procedures and processes by addressing issues and risks
• Utilize proven employee management solutions to improve productivity and efficiency
• Ensure the lab establishes and maintains a calibration program for testing equipment that affect quality results
• Oversee the day to day running of the Quality Assurance Laboratory e.g Corrosion, salt-spray, cross-cut testing etc.
Experience and Skills requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in science or a related discipline
• At least 3 years' progressive management or supervisory experience
• Effective data trending, document control, and technical bench skills
• Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent managerial skills, interpersonal and coaching skills
• Expert knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols.
• Ability to multitask.