Ref No: DT17629
County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
Lean Manufacturing Group Co-ordinator
As a key change facilitator and manager within the Companies Lean Transform Programme, the Lean Manufacturing Group Co-ordinator will facilitate and drive change in line with the company strategy to create added value, sustainability and buy-in from all levels of management, through implementation of core Lean initiatives.
• You will develop strong working relationships with all levels of staff to sustain a continuous improvement Lean culture within the Company.
• You will develop with the various Site Management Teams and the Senior Management Team, a Group wide Lean Strategy which will move the Group along the Lean journey.
• You will be a key driver of change within the Group, supporting Staff and Management by communicating the Group changes to employees and helping them to implement the necessary changes.
• You are responsible for ensuring progress on the companies Lean Journey towards “True Lean”.
• You will benchmark on a continuous basis Company Processes, People and Lean Programme Performance, against the “best in class”.
• Functional Responsibilities:
• Your role will liaise closely with the Senior, Operations and Front-Line Management Teams.
• You will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels and functions of the Group on the use and practice of Lean Principles and Lean Tools.
• You will liaise with Plant Management and Key Operatives to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities.
• You will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the completion of various Lean Kaizen events targeted towards improving the operational and plant performance and achieving the identified potential savings.
• You will determine training requirements for staff arising from introduction/implementation of Lean Principles/Initiatives
• You will manage the review process for selecting, scoping and prioritising lean initiatives including JDIs and A3s.
• You will facilitate delivery of measured process improvement and the financial benefit of those improvements across the Groups sites and functions.
• You will continue to focus on existing Lean initiatives and operational performance to constantly strive to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction and achieve growth and development via the on-going use of Lean tools and Lean Principles and the introduction of new initiatives where necessary to sustain the benefits.
• You will continue to train and develop yourself in line with Lean Thinking Best Practice and Industry Best Practice to position yourself to drive the business towards “True Lean”
• Reporting Responsibilities:
• You will track and reports progress on improvement initiatives that are aligned to business needs. This will include regular updates to the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team by way of reports and presentations.
• You will track and report all associated spend on Lean Initiatives.
• You will ensure together with the site management that all sites Lean Visual Reporting and Communications are kept updated and relevant.
You will consult with:
• The Board of Directors
• The Senior Management Team
• The Lean Champion
• Operations Managers
• Production Managers
• Line Management and Supervisors
• Maintenance Managers and Personnel
• Quality Managers and Personnel
• Health & Safety Co-ordinators
• Human Resources
• All levels of Staff
• Lean Providers
• Ideally a Level 7/8 qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
• Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage.
• Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
• Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
• Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
If you are interested in this challenging role, please send a detailed CV. It would be beneficial for us to also receive a cover letter outlining your CV details in more detail, and why you feel you’d be qualified for such a position.
Contact David Taylor on 01 632 1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information.