Ref No: AM17666
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
Research Chemist - County Westmeath.
Principal aspects of this role:
• Research & development of new product concepts.
• Review all lab & plant documents and reports to ensure completeness and compliance with customer and company requirements.
• Method development, optimisation & validation. Data analysis & interpretation
• Leading Quality and Technical investigations with cross-functional teams. Identifying and implementing corrective and preventative actions. Root Cause Analysis.
• New technology and product development and evaluation
• Preparing technical reports & presentations that summarise results, conclusions and recommendations to the product development team and management
• Mentoring technical and junior staff
• Design new material formulations and reformulate current products to improve performance
• Material characterisation
• Exploring new technologies, planning and executing experiments; data analysis and interpretation
• Involved in investigations or troubleshooting required for product performance issues
• Communicating technical information to various groups both within and outside the company
• Oversee the day to day running of the Quality Assurance Laboratory e.g. Corrosion, salt-spray, cross-cut testing etc.
Interested candidates should have:
• A relevant post-graduate qualification such as a research-based Master's or a PhD
• Experience working in a research field
• Strong knowledge of materials and coating finishes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal and coaching skills