Research Scientist- Westmeath
Ref No: SF17229
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Research Scientist - County Westmeath.
In this role you will act as the lead scientific advisor to the business, including provision of technical support and guidance to production processes, research and development projects and activities within the company's projects portfolio. You will ensure activities assigned are carried out in accordance with GLP and other best practices.
You will work closely with groups of engineers, scientists and manufacturing staff, as part of a team, to enable the successful execution of development processes and product improvement projects. You will also provide mentorship to more junior personnel and represent the company values in all day to day interactions, both internally and externally.
- Plan, organise and execute R&D projects. Perform Design of Experiments (DoE). Prepare R&D test samples and perform studies as required for the R&D programme.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement projects in the areas of process technical performance, environmental impact and efficiency.
- Collect, analyse and interpret technical data, generate reports including conclusions and recommendations.
- Document and maintain appropriate records to comply with company and customers' policies and procedures.
- Disseminate information to all stakeholders through reports, presentations or data reviews.
- Oversee daily operations of all onsite test laboratories to ensure that all assigned tasks are performed in a compliant manner. Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Work Instruction (WI’s) and ensure compliance with company WI’s, SOP’s and GLP requirements at all time.
- Support, mentor and train laboratory staff and junior team members, instilling a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all training delivered is documented according to procedure.
- Liaise with external vendors for laboratory equipment selection, installation and commissioning.
- Comply with all safety and quality policies and requirements. Ensure that the laboratories maintain a safe working area.
- Support manufacturing operations. Assist in troubleshooting activities and recommend changes to processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain plant control documents (control plans, validation test plans and process flows). Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) development.
- Investigate quality problems associated with product manufacturing and implementing corrective and preventative measures (CAPA’s). Root cause analysis.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as required and provide support with Six Sigma continuous improvement projects and process optimisation using tools such as DMAIC and FMEA.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with Health and Safety, Quality Management System and all regulatory requirements related to the role.
- Maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Liaise with external customers and suppliers to define and improve manufacturing and development operations.
- Maintain positive relationships with all internal & external stakeholders.
Interested applicant should have:
- Degree in Science or Engineering
- Operational experience of quality laboratories
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear goals
- Excellent communication experience, documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 14001:2015 or equivalent standards
Your ICDS Consultant