Ref No: AM17422
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Buyer- County Westmeath.
Principal Accountabilities of this role:
Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply
• Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
• Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
• Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
• Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
• Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships.
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations.
• Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
Interested applicants should have:
• Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
• Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving ability
• Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
• Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
• Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Familiarity with an (ERP) system
• Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
• Experience of working closely with suppliers
• At least 2 to 3 years’ experience as a buyer