Ref No: AM16570
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Buyer – Direct Materials - North Dublin.
Our client seeks an experienced Buyer to manage a portfolio of direct material suppliers to support its manufacturing operation. You will manage an international supply base to meet business requirements in terms of delivery, quality and total cost, at the optimal inventory levels. Develop an active Improvement Program with suppliers to improve delivery performance, reduce cost and improve quality and service levels, in line with site expectations and requirements. Lead all site level commercial discussions and supply escalations with suppliers. Actively contribute to the improvement and overall development of the site’s Supply Base.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Purchase all direct materials to support Production operations and spare parts service, in line with business requirements. Maximise the use of the Supplier Scheduling program, 'Lean Supply' methods & VMI programs to minimise inventory levels.
- Manage Suppliers to ensure continuity of material supply in order to avoid production interruption, in accordance with purchasing and inventory policies. Provide timely updates to internal stakeholders of issues affecting supply and recovery plan details.
- Lead all significant issue resolution programs with suppliers, with other relevant functions (e.g. Supplier Quality, Engineering). Utilise structured problem-solving techniques (e.g. A3) to ensure root causes are addressed and corrective actions are effective.
- Drive supplier and quality escalations affecting supply through supplier organisations with a high degree of urgency to successful resolution.
- Monitor key metrics in the areas of supplier delivery, inventory, cost, quality and service which clearly demonstrate performance against targets. Drive supplier corrective actions where performance falls below agreed target levels.
- Ensure that all Supplier and Material master data is maintained and kept up to date to ensure the integrity of the Planning and Purchasing processes
- Conduct Business Reviews with Suppliers to ensure that performance is to target, and company expectations are clearly understood. Agree development/improvement programs where required. Drive resulting corrective actions to conclusion.
- Identify and escalate supplier risk situations and work with site functions and Strategic Procurement to implement agreed risk mitigation strategies.
- Participate in RfQ and Supplier Selection activities. Participate in the site cross-functional process for the evaluation and selection of new suppliers.
- Contribute to the site Productivity program through the implementation of cost reduction ideas, including support for part transfer (re-sourcing) projects.
- Work with Strategic Procurement to advance the performance and optimisation of the supply base.
- Drive best practices in Procurement and Supplier Management within the site through continuous improvement ideas and projects.
Interested applicants should have:
- Strong working knowledge of leading Procurement Tools, Processes, Methods and Reporting Techniques.
- Ability to build strong and influential business relationships with suppliers to achieve business objectives. Capable of taking a strategic perspective with regard to supplier relationships and management
- Strong problem solving, planning and analytical skills. Ability to collate and analyse large amounts of data in a methodical and structured manner.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing performance improvements and overall terms and conditions
- Strong numeracy skills and accurate data analysis and reporting.
- Experience of major part transfers (resourcing) and new supplier/part start-up programs in a controlled and risk-managed way.
- Excellent oral communications, business writing skills, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to conduct and lead meetings effectively.
- Dynamic team player that can work proactively on cross-functional teams.
- SAP Planning and Purchasing experience highly desirable
Education and Experience requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Engineering.
Minimum of 5 years’ direct materials experience within a Procurement function, preferably in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
Experience of dealing with a broad range of direct material supplier organisations (commodity, size and scope) across Asia, Europe and the USA desirable.
Experience of working within a direct material Commodity Management environment and of dealing directly with Commodity Managers across a range of supplier management topics an advantage.
Must have an established commercial mindset and the ability to assess and conclude business agreements with suppliers.