Ref No: AM17418
Galway, Co. Galway, Ireland
Buyer/Planner - Galway.
In this role you will execute production & inventory control activities for the complete line of products, and execute the monthly Master Production Schedule (MPS) activities and daily / weekly production planning routines to meet business goals and customer requirements. You will also manage direct and indirect procurement activities including logistics and other associated supplier management activities.
• Execute production planning routines to ensure manufacturing partners are aligning with MPS routines (Database management, order placement in line with lead times, open order book reconciliation).
• Monthly inventory routines for consigned inventory and excess / obsolete material management.
• Item master management within ERP system
• Manage supplier performance through scorecards and QBR's.
• Co-ordinate and generate planning related reports to support monthly management routines, including data analysis.
• Management of Logistics to minimise costs and ensure on time delivery.
• Management of 3PL hubs ensuring relevant KPI’s are met.
• Support the company QMS.
• Provide training & support where necessary to other functions such as Sales Operations etc.
Interested applicants should have:
• ERP systems knowledge including experience in dealing with part numbers, BOM’s, Change Control Orders and MRP.
• Working experience of Excel including macros, databases, Powerpoint and other computer-based tools.
• Knowledge of demand management, planning (production & materials), purchasing, order fulfilment and availability management.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interface with Sales, Finance, Operations and suppliers to solve customer & supplier issues.
Ideally you will have a third level Business or Engineering degree along with a significant amount of Buying / Planning experience in a medical device or high-tech industry, using an ERP system.
You should have:
• In-depth Knowledge of ERP systems for Buying / Planning
• In-depth knowledge of demand management, planning and purchasing (direct & indirect)
• Knowledge of logistics will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of management of 3PL's will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and application of Quality tools and methodologies including lean six sigma
• Experience of Sage X3, Crystal Reporting and labelling design would be an advantage (not essential).
• Great team player with excellent communication skills. Strong attention to detail
• Results orientated and a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving
• Advanced Microsoft Office and reporting tool skills
• Strong project management skills