Ref No: AM17743
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
Demand Control Manager - County Galway.
Job Summary –
As Demand Control Manager you will lead a team that is responsible for overseeing and managing demand control. The Demand Control element will develop and maintain strategies that protect the supply chain from activities so that service is protected globally. The leader must foster and facilitate a cross-functional environment needed for the central supply chain planning process. This position must also assist in the growth and development of the team members.
General Functions –
Demand Control Management
• Deliver service/inventory performance across end to end global value streams with direct accountability for supply chain demand control activities.
• Maintain and develop Demand Control processes that both protect and predict supply chain risks
• Manage resolution of exceptions within the demand time fence
• Responsible for the management of the PTF for supply planning and distribution planning
• Responsible for highlighting risks through Regional / Market Demand monitoring
• Optimize and improve the Demand Planning Change Request process
• Develop techniques that manage abnormal demand
• Develop a culture of accountability around maintaining key supply chain inputs (both within planning and with other key functions) that reflect actual performance as it exists in the current state
• Member of the supply chain planning team jointly responsible for growing the influence of the department through the development of relationships and execution of key projects.
• Partner with other supply chain planning teams to develop standardized project tracking and status reporting documents and processes
• Manage a team of centrally located, globally oriented Supply Chain Planners and drive overall career goals for team members
Interested applicants should have:
• BS or BA in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, or other related field
• Minimum 6-8 years' business experience in supply chain, project management, planning or IT systems (experience in all areas an advantage)
• APICS, CPIM and/or CSCP certification preferred
• Experience with one or more ERP systems strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach the implementation of transactional improvements through cross-functional teams by listening and utilising influence skills. (leadership)
• Able to take action in solving problems and making decisions while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) in a clear and concise manner.