Ref No: AM17835
County Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Finite Scheduler - County Wexford.
Our client company is on a journey towards a fully connected and digitised E2E supply chain. As the site prepares to upgrade to next generation ERP systems (SAP S/4 HANA) this is a great opportunity for a Supply Chain professional to provide the leadership required to evolve the site planning process required for this transformation.
As Finite Scheduler you will be responsible for generating the Finite Schedule in agreement with Operations and other stakeholders. This will be based on available capacity and materials, in line with the agreed upon S&OP volume, while ensuring customer requirements are fulfilled. The Finite Scheduler will prepare and issue the required manufacturing orders on time to facilitate the allocation and staging needs.
• Create a feasible 6-week rolling finite schedule after each monthly S&OP process, accounting for plan overflow and planned downtime, engineering works, etc
• Present and agree finite schedule with stakeholders as part of monthly S&OP cycle
• Maintain a highly accurate 2-week span for the finite schedule while building, communicating and agreeing weekly targets for manufacturing teams in advance
• Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly performance to plan by gathering information from plant, SAP and producing all metrics and KPI’s for plant reporting needs
• Ensure schedule is designed to meet all customer orders and working with the senior planner to make appropriate adjustments to account for changes in customer orders or production outputs
• Build finite schedule accuracy over time through evolving detailed capacity and routing models and through liaison with production, engineering, automation and technical teams
• In conjunction with the Senior Planner and Production ensure the schedule provides for appropriate management of new product commercialisation, WIP, remnants, rework and by product processing
• Confirm with the Senior Planner and Materials Planner product availability to support the 6-week schedule
• Working with the Senior Planner and Materials Planner to establish a daily / weekly / monthly meeting cadence to ensure all stakeholders are informed about schedule and schedule performance
• Prepare and issue manufacturing orders sufficiently ahead of time to facilitate material allocation and staging, and ensure packaging requirements are communicated ahead of time
• Writing of SOP’s, SWI’s, scheduling guidelines and competencies for finite scheduling
• Maintenance of planning system/tools/processes
• Drive and replicate supply chain operational excellence and best practices
Interested applicants should have:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in multinational organisations in supply chain management, preferably with a manufacturing background
• Ideally a Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Finance, or similar.
• Demonstrated ability for developing production plans, taking into consideration company’s objective, business rules and current challenges/constraints
• Good working knowledge of SAP modules
• APICS certification preferred