Ref No: AM18015
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Head of Logistics - North Dublin
This is a key leadership position, with a team of over 30, responsible for Internal and External Logistics for the site. Responsibilities include managing inbound and outbound freight, goods receiving, storage, line feeding, dispatch, inventory control and logistics process optimization.
We seek a high-paced individual, with a track record in driving change and motivating teams to perform. Setting high standards for inventory control and performance is a given.
This is a complex manufacturing process with a high parts count. The individual needs to be able to take a critical look at the processes and develop innovative solutions to achieve best cost, reliability, and service. We need someone who collaborates across functions to achieve site goals.
• As a senior member of the Materials function, contribute to developing the broader supply chain strategy for the site and the wider business.
• Drive Supply Chain optimization: Have a holistic view of Supply Chain Management to provide the reliable service required while optimizing labour, inventory, storage, and transport costs
• Co-lead a project to build, design and commission a new logistics center and warehouse on site.
• Use a lean, data driven, value stream approach to develop the most cost-effective and reliable logistics processes. Leverage IT tools to improve accuracy and efficiency.
• Full ownership of inbound and outbound freight to ensure the operation is partnered with the right suppliers on the right modes at the right cost.
• Ensure the Inventory Control program is robust by driving ownership and accountability at all levels, with clear processes and performance measurement standards. Maintain and improve inventory accuracy, driving a culture of control and inventory record discipline
• Maintain a set of KPIs, conduct customer surveys and hold business reviews to track and improve the effectiveness, efficiency and service provision of 3PL partner(s) and carriers.
• Lead the goods inwards, stores, dispatch, line feed and warehousing teams (through team leaders). Maintain high engagement through collaborative and results focused leadership at all levels. Actively and visibly promote a strong safety culture.
• Work collaboratively with all other departments to meet the overall site priorities and objectives. Engage with the broader site team to develop and deliver site strategy.
• Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
Interested applicants should have:
• Educated to degree level (minimum) ideally with an advanced degree in Materials Management, Industrial Engineering or Business.
• At least 7 years’ experience in a large-scale, complex, multinational manufacturing environment, with at least 3 years in a people leadership role and 5 years' logistics management experience.
• Broader experience in other materials functions such as procurement and planning in a regulated sector would be an advantage.
• Experience in leading operations teams in logistics or production. Ability to build an ownership culture, where the team are genuinely listened to and involved in achieving the goals.
• Track history of driving transformational business change and delivering tangible results, with a people centric approach and style that achieves broad acceptance. Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Experience in managing 3PL and freight spend in excess of €3M P.A. Formal Supplier Performance Management and negotiation experience.
• A working knowledge and experience in the following: Manufacturing and Production Control Systems, Material Planning and Purchasing Systems, Global Contract Agreements & Global Logistics Programs.
• Strong ability to utilize the capability of ERP systems (preferably SAP) to drive process improvement and provide decision making information, track activity and track performance.
• Advanced problem solving, planning, project management, budgetary and analytical skills.
• Experience of working with cross-functional groups and communicating effectively at all levels within and outside the organization. Collaborating on wider business and organizational performance.