Ref No: AM17426
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Inventory Control Supervisor - Dublin 15.
• In this role you will ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible in accordance with the organization's inventory cycle.
• This role requires a good working knowledge of all processes of Materials and Inventory Control and will work in a leadership role supporting the Site Materials Manager.
• This role requires the ability to lead and motivate a group to meet the daily operations as defined in the Inventory Control procedures (total team size currently 16 people with Material Handlers reporting directly to IC Group Leaders).
• To supervise Inventory Control Group Leaders ensuring all site Safety, Security, Quality, Productivity and Waste management objectives, policies and procedures are met.
• Participate at daily meetings and ensure detailed communication across shifts, priorities, ongoing issues, and any potential requests for support.
• Lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives, defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
• Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximize performance of all employees while ensuring cross-training and flexibility of staff to support these changes in production priorities, especially during peak periods.
• Maintain timekeeping and records on TMS in a timely manner for payroll purposes.
• Manage the recruitment and training of new inventory control employees.
• Assist in drive for shortest processing time possible on all received material and continually improve the processing time performance.
• Ensure that all tools, equipment, and visual aids necessary for efficient and accurate completion of pertinent tasks are in proper working order and of the latest revision.
• Provide frequent and accurate feedback to the Materials Manager to assist with problem solving associated with schedules, equipment, documentation.
• Responsible for supporting the Materials Manager in preparation of materials budget and forecast and escalate if targets are above or below budget.
• Analyse daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems / shortages and communicates with Purchasing Department as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc. and devise strategies to reduce cost and optimise inventory control procedures.
• Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing activities as required.
• Implement and sustain 5S activities and standards
• Lead the site's Cycle programme and ensure a high level of accuracy by performing root cause analysis & process improvements.
• Responsible for Site level Inventory KPI’s
• Lead the twice yearly physical inventories & reconciliation process.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Lead by example, ensuring safe work practices are always maintained in line with company policies.
Interested applicants should have:
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning, organisational skills, and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
• Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives, with the ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
• Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
• Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
• Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management of continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
• At least 5 years' experience working in Inventory Control / Supply Chain including 2 years in a supervisory / people management role.
• Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies (ERP)
• Previous experience managing inventory in SAP highly advantageous.
• Previous experience in preparing materials budget and forecasting.
• Experience conducting tracking and data analysis.