Ref No: AM17405
Wexford, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Materials & Production Planner - County Wexford.
In this role you will be responsible for converting high-level data from the S&OP file into monthly & weekly production plans. The role operates on a multi-product site and needs to ensure on time availability of raw materials to meet production demand and maintain inventory levels as per company policy. This role is also responsible for creating and maintaining a co-product forecast for the site. These forecasts will need to be communicated via the appropriate channels to ensure that there is a constant demand for these products.
• Create a batching schedule from the S&OP data, ensuring accuracy and adherence to capacity constraints and safety stock requirements. Creation of Manufacturing Orders.
• Plan complex manufacture as an initial step for further processing to create finished products. The objective is to ensure that the complex, high value equipment in this area is utilised to its full potential by ensuring maximum equipment uptime and by minimising changeovers, but adhere to safety stock requirements
• Ensure constant outlet is maintained for co-products through maintaining accurate forecasts of co-product generation and effective communication of requirements
• Create daily and weekly production schedule to ensure that sufficient materials are transferred to meet processing and batching requirements elsewhere
• Track production volumes and monitor demand patterns as well as support new product launches or reformulations with accurate forecasts
Interested applicants should have:
• Ideally a degree in Supply Chain/Finance/Business Technical or another related field
• At least five years’ experience in a world-class, high-volume manufacturing facility, in a similar supply chain role
• Knowledge of supplier fulfilment capabilities to meet customer and internal requirements. Ability to build system capability and capacity to ensure service is provided effectively, timely and efficiently
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
• Good business knowledge of customers, suppliers, and products
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, teamwork and building value-based relationships
• High level of PC literacy and exposure to major computer systems. Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems experience an advantage