Ref No: AM17419
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Procurement Manager - County Westmeath.
In this role you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing suppliers. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
• Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce cost and improve effectiveness.
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
• Identify, drive and support cost reduction initiatives.
• Ensure effective inventory strategies and control in line with company targets
• Champion continuous process improvement within the purchasing function. Keep up to date on the latest tools and techniques.
• Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Purchasing area and ensure compliance with company policies.
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
• Staff management training and development
Interested applicants should have:
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to Demand Management (DM), Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory control.
• Ideally a strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain functionality or another ERP system.
• Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques
• Staff management skills