Ref No: AM18030
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
Procurement Specialist - County Galway.
In this role you will have responsibility for the procurement of materials/component parts for the manufacture and supply of medical device products. You will have responsibility for direct liaison with all vendors (existing and new) to source and maintain constant supply of quality compliant materials/component parts, while keeping within the budgeted cost boundaries. You will oversee New Vendor Introductions and New Materials /Component Parts introductions (qualification/validation), in close collaboration with Product R&D, QA and Engineering. You will monitor and report vendor performance, and by maximising the use of the MRP system you will maintain continuous supply of materials/component parts in line with budgeted product Demand plans.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
• To liaise directly with Vendors (existing and new) to negotiate best priced materials that fully satisfy pre-defined QA specifications.
• To ensure that all materials/component parts purchased that fail to meet QA specification are appropriately addressed/resolved within the QA Management System.
• To ensure that new materials/component parts purchased are appropriately introduced, following the controlled qualification/validation process.
• Identify and qualify new Vendors as necessary (aligned with the dual Vendor strategy) by maintaining compliance with the QA control process.
• To co-ordinate the response to non-standard incidents that are directly associated with receipt of non-conforming materials/component parts (or materials/component parts found during in-process manufacturing)
• To hold Vendors to account regarding quality, pricing and delivery, while maintaining respectful and professional relations.
• Site support for regulatory body audits
• To co-ordinate and oversee material inventory management through the effective use of the MRP system.
• To maintain alignment with QA procedures regarding all aspects of material/component part procurement. To make updates where necessary to existing policies and/or procedures while adhering to change control procedures.
Key Requirements for this role:
• Ideally a Bachelor’s degree (not essential), preferably in Business Administration, Materials Management or Supply Chain related field.
• At least 3-5 years' relevant experience within Medical Device supply chain environment or similar.
• Minimum 3-5 years' relevant experience in negotiating contracts and materials/component part pricing with vendors.
• Confident with strong interpersonal, people management, and organisational skills.
• Experience in leading and influencing negotiations, project management, troubleshooting and problem-solving analysis, strategic thinking and collaborative team building.
• Solid computer skills: i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Access
• Exposure to supply chain, planning, purchasing, materials and inventory control environment
• Participate in cross-functional teams as required to provide consultative support on quality-related issues
• Provide support with investigations and resolution of discrepancies
• Possess excellent analytical, organisational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary