Ref No: AM17798
County Clare, Republic of Ireland
Purchasing & Procurement Manager - County Clare.
This will be a key role in the company and requires someone coming from a fast-paced background. Working in a team of procurement & supply chain professionals, this is an excellent opportunity in a leading organisation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage and oversee the operational purchasing function for the factory operation.
• Develop, manage and maintain strategic supplier relationships to proactively support the business.
• Manage departmental measures and controls to maintain materials purchases in an efficient and proactive manner, meeting cost and customer service requirements consistently.
• Ensure supplier forecasting is maintained and managed on a consistent basis, providing visibility of long-term requirements to the supply base.
• Maintain a Quarterly Business Review program with key strategic suppliers.
• Oversee the timely execution and delivery of materials on time to meet ongoing factory demand requirements.
• Maintain & update purchasing policies and procedures in line with the company Quality Management System.
• Maintain the supplier AVL to ensure the accuracy of supplier PO placement with approved vendors/suppliers.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings for both materials and logistics/freight spend.
• Develop the purchasing team members to support and strengthen the business.
• Work with warehousing and stores to support inventory accuracy and compliance.
• Manage PO approvals and spend in line with authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures.
• Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts
• Monitor and manage execution of PO’s in line with cost and PPV targets.
Interested applicants should have:
• Third-level qualification in Business, Materials management or a related field
• Min 5 years' experience in purchasing and procurement at a managerial/leader level.
• Working knowledge of project management principles and practices
• Working knowledge of regulations relating to procurement contracts
• Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems
• Business and financial acumen
• High competency level in MS Office applications