Ref No: AM17405
County Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Senior Materials and Production Planner - County Wexford.
Our client is on a journey towards a fully connected and digitised E2E supply chain. As the site prepares to upgrade to next generation ERP systems (SAP/4 HANA), this is a great opportunity for a Supply Chain Professional to provide the leadership required to evolve the site planning process required for this transformation.
This role is responsible for implementing supply strategies to ensure timely and continuous supply of quality ingredients to the global customer base for a complex, multi-step, multi-product manufacturing facility.
The role is responsible for delivering annual, quarterly and monthly production plans to the manufacturing site that meets customer demand while:
• minimizing expiry exposure
• optimizing inventory and providing visibility over the long-term planning horizon for key intermediates and co-products
• optimizing use of manufacturing capacity and resources
The role will also provide demand plans sufficient to determine material requirements for the long-term and short-term planning horizon.
• Manage the Supply and Demand Forecast elements for the Annual Business Planning Cycle
• Translate periodic (quarterly/monthly) demand forecast into feasible master production plans across all work centers.
• Create and maintain the site S&OP
• Plan complex manufacture of intermediate products as an initial step for further processing to create finished products. Ensure maximum utilisation of equipment through minimizing changeovers and balancing inventory.
• Provide forecasts and manage the disposal of co-products, working with the global sales partners
• Support/mentor the Finite Production Planner in the preparation of agile but feasible production schedules based on the master production plans to meet demand, and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
• Backup Finite Scheduler in creation of Manufacturing Orders to support the production schedule
• Work with the commerialisation team to ensure new product introductions are smoothly integrated into plans
• Monitor and report on KPI related to forecast accuracy, performance to plan, inventory targets, etc
Interested applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or a related discipline, and at least five years' experience in a world class, high volume manufacturing facility in a similar supply chain role
• Knowledge of supplier fulfilment capabilities to meet customer and internal requirements
• Ability to build system capability and capacity to ensure service is provided effectively, timely and efficiently
• Ability to collaborate across functions and co-ordinate process improvement initiatives
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, teamwork and building value-based relationships
• Strong competence in IT. Ideally experience with SAP or a similar ERP system